NetBSD-Bugs archive

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]

Re: kern/60739 (Turnstile priority inheritance short-circuits walking of waiter chain when trylock fails)



The following reply was made to PR kern/60739; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: =?UTF-8?Q?Lo=C3=AFc_Gregoire?= <loicgre%gmail.com@localhost>
To: gnats-bugs%netbsd.org@localhost
Cc: 
Subject: Re: kern/60739 (Turnstile priority inheritance short-circuits walking
 of waiter chain when trylock fails)
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2026 09:34:18 -0400

 Hi, I wasn't sure if the message got through to you so I thought I
 would reply here.
 I have submitted a possible fix to the problem in the kern/60776 thread.
 Thank you.
 
 Le mer. 23 sept. 2026, =C3=A0 17 h 19, <riastradh%netbsd.org@localhost> a =C3=A9crit =
 :
 >
 > Synopsis: Turnstile priority inheritance short-circuits walking of waiter=
  chain when trylock fails
 >
 > State-Changed-From-To: feedback->open
 > State-Changed-By: riastradh%NetBSD.org@localhost
 > State-Changed-When: Wed, 23 Sep 2026 21:19:38 +0000
 > State-Changed-Why:
 > feedback provided, fix committed, fix reverted because it likely broke
 > things (PR kern/60776, reproducable assertion failure with today's
 > current, https://gnats.netbsd.org/60776), maybe we should find a way to
 > write atf tests for this before proceeding
 >
 >
 >
 



Home | Main Index | Thread Index | Old Index