[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
re: kern/54495: stopping axe(4) may locks up if NET_MPSAFE is enabled
> The command `ifconfig axe0 down' often locks up on NET_MPSAFE kernel.
skrll added this in rev 1.76, and it comes with this comment:
* softnet_lock can be taken when NET_MPAFE is not defined when calling
* if_addr_init -> if_init. This doesn't mix well with the
* usbd_delay_ms calls in the init routines as things like nd6_slowtimo
* can fire during the wait and attempt to take softnet_lock and then
* block the softclk thread meaning the wait never ends.
/* XXX What to reset? */
/* Wait a little while for the chip to get its brains in order. */
i think this is two problems. (1) the above issue probably
occurs with NET_MPSAFE as well, just less often, and is what
you see here, and (2) we shouldn't reset so completely for
stop, just just disable/turn off stuff.
(fortunately, usbnet appears to be unrelated to this :-)
Main Index |
Thread Index |