[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
Re: port-mips/52892: Tests hang on MIPS
The following reply was made to PR port-mips/52892; it has been noted by GNATS.
From: Andreas Gustafsson <gson%gson.org@localhost>
Subject: Re: port-mips/52892: Tests hang on MIPS
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2018 15:40:41 +0300
I have now looked into this some more, and have the following
1. The tests are still hanging every time on b5:
2. I can reliably reproduce the hang on hpcmips under gxemul
while true; do atf-run t_ping|atf-report; done
On b5, this usually hangs within an hour, but on my own test machine,
it took a day or two to hang.
3. It's the kernel that's hanging, not just ATF. For example, if I
run the above test script in the background with output redirected to
a log file, and "tail -f" the log file on the console, I'm unable to
kill the tail process using the interrupt character after the test has
4. By bisection, I found that the hpcmips tests started hanging on b5
at the time of the commit
2017.12.02.22.51.22 christos src/sys/kern/kern_lwp.c 1.191
Since this caused the tests to hang earlier in the test run, in the
lib/libc/sys/t_ptrace_wait3:resume1 test rather than in the network
related tests where it is now hanging, it was not immediately clear
whether that commit also triggered the present issue. However...
5. If I revert that commit, the tests do run to completion on b5.
Andreas Gustafsson, gson%gson.org@localhost
Main Index |
Thread Index |