>Synopsis: NetBSD 5x boots and runs, but 6x and 7x both i386 and amd64 fail to boot Chromebook HP14
>Arrival-Date: Wed Nov 04 11:45:00 +0000 2015
>Originator: Petr Topiarz
>Release: 6x and 7x
netbsd 6.0.x, 6.1.5, 7.0 generic i386 and amd64
1. Chromebook HP 14 has intel CPU: Intel(R) Celeron(R) 2955U @ 1.40GHz. Installers 5x,6x, and 7x will stop (and some panic) in the middle of boot of i386. For amd64 it will not even load the kernel.
2. If I install it on another machine and then boot on HP chromebook 14, NetBSD version 5.2.3 will boot and run well. Even the X starts ok.
3. Other NetBSD versions like 6.0, 6.1 and 7.0 on i386 will never finish booting.
4. All amd64 versions (5.2, 6.0, 6.1,7.0) behave as if the CPU was not amd64 capable. (however linux and openbsd 64bit work flawlessly)
5. I have screenshots, that can help better. Where can I send it?
Put installation media into externeal cdrom and start booting chromebook HP 14.
Put installed netbsd hard disk into chromebook HP 14 and start booting.