[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
port-m68k/48076: An userland of NetBSD/x68k after 2013-07-20 does not work at all.
>Synopsis: An userland of NetBSD/x68k after 2013-07-20 does not work at
>Arrival-Date: Tue Jul 23 18:55:00 +0000 2013
>Originator: Yasushi Oshima
>Release: NetBSD-current 6.99.23
NetBSD 6.99.23 NetBSD 6.99.23 (ZSCONS) #0: Wed Jul 24 00:20:39 JST 2013
An userland (init) of NetBSD/x68k-current after about 2013-07-20 does not work.
1. install cd and install fd (INSTALL kernel and md(4) root)
Boot up , INSTALL kernel output to console bootmesg, but system hang-up after
output 'root file system type: ffs'
2. GENERIC (or ZSCONS: serial console GENERIC) kernel and installed userland
Boot up, GENERIC kernel output to console bootmesg, but kernel panic at
executing init(8) as follows:
boot device: sd1
root on sd1a dumps on sd1b
root file system type: ffs
panic: init died (signal 0, exit 1)
Stopped in pid 1.1 (init) at netbsd:cpu_Debugger+0x6: unlk a6
db_panic(1a4dd80,bbccf30,1a4dd80,bbcce68,1981dc) + 6
vpanic(251949,bbcce74,bbcceec,b8058,251949) + 120
panic(251949,0,1,1a4dd80,bbccf30) + c
exit1(1a3f560,100,bbccfb4,1a3f560,bbccf78) + 7f0
sys_exit(1a3f560,bbccf30,bbccf70,12,0) + 30
syscall_plain(1,1a3f560,bbccfb4,4016e64,ffefea78) + 92
syscall(1) + 5c
trap0() + e
it seems that init(8) exists immediately.
3. 2013-07-23's GENERIC kernel and statically linked init
Use 'boot -a', and enter '/rescue/init' when prompting 'init path',
After that, system is hang-up.
It is the same that the case 1. install-cd/fd.
4. 2013-07-17's install cd and install fd work well, and GENERIC kenel with
2013-07-17's userland works well.
5. 2013-07-23's GENERIC kernel and 2013-07-17's userland works well.
6. 2013-07-17's GENERIC kernel and 2013-07-23's userland
Boot up, and panic when executing init(8).
It is the same that case 2.
I think that this is a problem of userland at 2013-07-23 (maybe after about
In addition, m68k's build had broken from 2013-07-18 to 2013-07-19. so cannot
test during these days binary.
I tried this on NetBSD/x68k port only. but it will occur on another m68k port,
- boot up install FD or CD after 2013-07-20. it will hang-up.
- boot up GENERIC kernel and userland (this system is built and extracted to
filesystem by another system) .
it will panic.
Main Index |
Thread Index |