[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
misc/47827: [PATCH] improve portability of NetBSD libc testcases
>Synopsis: [PATCH] improve portability of NetBSD libc testcases
>Arrival-Date: Fri May 17 16:25:00 +0000 2013
>Originator: Garrett Cooper
The attached patch improves portability of the libc testcases such that I could
relatively easily port the NetBSD testcases to FreeBSD, with minor fudging (not
noted here because the libc/kernel features differ between FreeBSD and NetBSD
for obvious reasons).
The summary of the changes are as follows:
1. FreeBSD almost always requires sys/param.h in order for types and other
things to get pulled in properly -- in part because sys/types.h is needed for a
number of datatypes, but also for macros being used by the project.
2. ___STRING is being replaced by __STRING as it's common between FreeBSD and
3. sys/syslimits.h is being replaced by syslimits.h as it's standard between
FreeBSD and NetBSD.
4. __unused is being added to signal handlers to suppress warnings from
5. h_macros.h inclusion with a hardcoded relative path in the .c files is being
replaced with a single -I directive being appended to CFLAGS in
tests/lib/libc/Makefile.inc ; this alleviates relocation of h_macros.h for the
time being until I figure out where it needs to go finally since the directory
layout of testcases in FreeBSD being implemented in soon is going to be
fundamentally different from NetBSD (tests are localized near the sources, e.g.
tests/lib/libc/ vs lib/libc/tests/).
6. machine/ headers (machine/disklabel.h) are being replaced with non-machine/
7. limits.h is being #include'd for macro definitions per POSIX, required by
8. sys/sockets.h is being #included for socket constants in FreeBSD.
9. stdint.h is being pulled in for formatting constants per POSIX.
10. sys/stat.h is being pulled in for *stat*(2), etc, per the manpages on both
FreeBSD and NetBSD.
11. stdio.h is being #include'd wherever printf(3) is being used.
THESE CHANGES HAVE NOT BEEN BUILD TESTED ON NetBSD -- only on FreeBSD (I need
to create a build VM in order to test these changes)!
Main Index |
Thread Index |