[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
PR/491 CVS commit: pkgsrc/devel/automake
The following reply was made to PR bin/491; it has been noted by GNATS.
From: "Thomas Klausner" <wiz%netbsd.org@localhost>
Subject: PR/491 CVS commit: pkgsrc/devel/automake
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 20:25:05 +0000
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: wiz
Date: Wed Aug 15 20:25:05 UTC 2012
pkgsrc/devel/automake: Makefile distinfo
Update to 1.12.3:
New in 1.12.3:
* WARNING: Future backward-incompatibilities!
- Future versions of Automake will likely drop support for the
long-deprecated 'configure.in' name for the Autoconf input file.
You are advised to use the recommended name 'configure.ac' instead.
- The long-obsolete (since automake 1.10) AM_PROG_MKDIR m4 macro will
be removed in Automake 1.13. The $(mkdir_p) make variable and the
@mkdir_p@ substitution will still remain available (as aliases of
$(MKDIR_P)) for the moment, for better backward compatibility.
- Autoconf 2.65 or later will be required by the next major Automake
version (1.13). Until now, Automake has required Autoconf version
2.62 or later.
- Starting from the next major Automake version (1.13), the rules
to build pdf, ps and dvi output from Texinfo input will use the
'--build-dir' option by default. Since such an option was only
introduced in Texinfo 4.9, this means that Makefiles generated by
future Automake versions will require at least that version of
- Starting from the next major Automake version (1.13), the parallel
testsuite harness (previously only enabled by the 'parallel-tests'
option) will become the default one; the older serial testsuite
harness will still be available through the use of the 'serial-tests'
- The following long-obsolete m4 macros will be removed in the
next major Automake version (1.13):
AM_PROG_CC_STDC: superseded by AC_PROG_CC since October 2002
fp_PROG_CC_STDC: broken alias for AM_PROG_CC_STDC
fp_WITH_DMALLOC: old alias for AM_WITH_DMALLOC
AM_CONFIG_HEADER: superseded by AC_CONFIG_HEADERS since July 2002
ud_PATH_LISPDIR: old alias for AM_PATH_LISPDIR
jm_MAINTAINER_MODE: old alias for AM_MAINTAINER_MODE
ud_GNU_GETTEXT: old alias for AM_GNU_GETTEXT
gm_PROG_LIBTOOL: old alias for AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
fp_C_PROTOTYPES: old alias for AM_C_PROTOTYPES (which was part
of the now-removed automatic de-ANSI-fication
support of Automake)
- All the "old alias" macros in 'm4/obsolete.m4' will be removed in
the next major Automake version (1.13).
- Support for the two- and three-arguments invocation forms of the
AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE macro is deprecated, and will be removed in the
next major Automake version (1.13).
- The '--acdir' option of aclocal is deprecated, and will probably
be removed in the next major Automake release (1.13). You should
use the options '--automake-acdir' and '--system-acdir' instead
(which have been introduced in Automake 1.11.2).
- The exact order in which the directories in the aclocal macro
search path are looked up is probably going to be changed in the
next Automake release (1.13).
- The 'missing' script will not try anymore to update the timestamp
of out-of-date files that require a maintainer-specific tool to be
remade, in case the user lacks such a tool (or has a too-old version
of it). In fact, starting from Automake 1.13, all it'll do will be
giving more useful warnings than a bare "command not found" from a
make recipe would.
* Miscellaneous changes:
- The '.m4' files provided by Automake does not define serial numbers
anymore. This should cause no difference in the behaviour of aclocal
- Some testsuite weaknesses and spurious failures have been fixed.
- There is initial support for automatic dependency tracking with the
Portland Group C/C++ compilers, thanks to the new new depmode 'pgcc'.
Bugs fixed in 1.12.3:
* Long-standing bugs:
- Instead of renaming only self-references of files (typically for
#lines), ylwrap now also renames references to the other generated
files. This fixes support for GLR and C++ parsers from Bison (PR
automake/491 and automake bug#7648): 'parser.c' now properly
#includes 'parser.h' instead of 'y.tab.h'.
- Generated files unknown to ylwrap are now preserved. This fixes
C++ support for Bison (automake bug#7648): location.hh and the
like are no longer discarded.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r1.84 -r1.85 pkgsrc/devel/automake/Makefile
cvs rdiff -u -r1.38 -r1.39 pkgsrc/devel/automake/distinfo
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |