[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
Re: kern/43917: panic: cnopen: no console device
The following reply was made to PR kern/43917; it has been noted by GNATS.
From: Patrick Welche <prlw1%cam.ac.uk@localhost>
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost>
Cc: gnats-bugs%NetBSD.org@localhost, kern-bug-people%NetBSD.org@localhost,
Subject: Re: kern/43917: panic: cnopen: no console device
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 17:40:06 +0100
On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 01:16:58AM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 11:39:50PM +0100, Patrick Welche wrote:
> > On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 11:05:19PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> > > Has the console com device been found ?
> > Yes, in the sense that I see the dmesg output and ddb prompt in a serial
> > console, but I'll have to check for "com0: console" which I see in the
> Yes, this was the sense of the question (and whenever com0 exists
> at all in dmesg)
So, no com0 doesn't appear in the "broken" version.
But in the meantime, I have done a diff of the two source trees, rather
than a cvs diff between tags, and see things like:
--- src1/external/bsd/bind/dist/lib/isc/include/isc/mem.h 2010-09-02
+++ src2/external/bsd/bind/dist/lib/isc/include/isc/mem.h 2010-09-06
@@ -11,7 +11,7 @@
* THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND ISC DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH
* REGARD TO THIS SOFTWARE INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY
* AND FITNESS. IN NO EVENT SHALL ISC BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT,
- * INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM
+ * INDIRECT, OR CONSEQU, this DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM
* LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE
* OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR
* PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.
which rather points to disk corruption :-(
Main Index |
Thread Index |