[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
port-atari/40571: NetBSD Atari install fails to prepare 16GB MTRON SSD on ACARD SCSI to IDE bridge
>Synopsis: NetBSD Atari install fails to prepare 16GB MTRON SSD on ACARD
>SCSI to IDE bridge
>Arrival-Date: Sat Feb 07 06:40:01 +0000 2009
>Originator: David Ross
I'm attempting to install NetBSD 5 (200902030000Z) onto an MTRON 16GB IDE SSD
which is hanging off an ACARD SCSI to IDE bridge. The hardware is known good
and I've done such an install with NetBSD 1.6.1. I also regularly install
NetBSD 5 builds onto a Seagate SD318418N and it works great.
That being said, the MTRON setup did cause occasional panics under NetBSD 1.6.1
where I did not see this with the Seagate. I was hoping to test if that
problem still happens on NetBSD 5 but got blocked by this install issue.
How to reproduce the install issue:
1. Zero the MTRON drive.
2. Boot into NetBSD 5 and begin an install. Don't choose the option to use
3. Keep the default drive settings, except bump up the swap partition to 256
- Now observe that even though you typed 256, the swap partition size is
reported to be set at 257 MB. This doesn't happen with the Seagate. Maybe
this is a hint as to what's going on?
4. Proceed with the install and observe that disklabel fails with:
disklabel: ioctl DIOCWDINFO: Device not configured
5. After being dumped back at the main installer screen, start the install
again and follow the same steps.
6. Now observe a different error as the drive is prepared:
disklabel: partition b: partition extends past end of unit
See the full description.
Install to a different drive. =\
Main Index |
Thread Index |