[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
port-atari/39965: "lock error" panic on install with Atari TT030
>Synopsis: "lock error" panic on install with Atari TT030
>Arrival-Date: Thu Nov 20 06:10:00 +0000 2008
>Originator: David Ross
NetBSD 4.0 HEAD installation fails on Atari TT030 due to this "lock error"
panic. This is using the 200811180002Z HEAD release.
I hit this issue reliably on my TT030 and it's not possible to make it through
a complete install. My machine has 26mb of RAM and can run NetBSD 1.6.1 very
1. Boot the netbsd atari kernel on an Atari TT030. I'm using the "ATARITT"
2. Load the sysinst image on md2a.
3. Set up networking via the menu system (or otherwise ensure that the NetBSD
sets are available.)
4. From the main menu, choose to do a NetBSD install.
5. Proceed through the steps that prepare the drive for installation.
6. Choose where to install the sets from (I'm using FTP with a Riebl ethernet
7. Observe that the first set or so downloads and extracts.
8. At some point as the sets are downloaded and extracted you will see the
system panic with the lock error described above.
Main Index |
Thread Index |