[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
port-atari/39849: netbsd-ATARITT kernel fails on Atari TT030
>Synopsis: netbsd-ATARITT kernel fails on Atari TT030
>Arrival-Date: Sun Nov 02 05:50:01 +0000 2008
>Originator: David Ross
There are several versions of the NetBSD Atari kernel. I frequently use the
"BOOT" and "ATARITT" versions on my Atari TT030. The ATARITT verion of the
kernel is necessary for me to do an install via ethernet. On NetBSD 1.6.1,
both kernels work great, however I've recently been working on getting up to
NetBSD 4.0 and I've hit a blocker. Specifically, while the BOOT kernel works
just fine on 4.0, the ATARITT kernel does not. Before displaying any text, the
4.0 ATARITT kernel displays garbled video and fails.
Note that this problem occurs with 4.0 and the daily "head" release, in this
1. Get on an ATARI TT030 with enough RAM to run NetBSD properly.
2. Use loadbsd.ttp from TOS to boot the netbsd-BOOT kernel from:
3. Observe that the kernel boots to the root filesystem prompt.
4. Use loadbsd.ttp from TOS to boot the netbsd-ATARITT kernel from the same
directory as above.
5. Observe garbled video and the boot fails.
Main Index |
Thread Index |