Subject: pkg/21951: dmalloc update to 5.2.0
To: None <email@example.com>
From: None <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 06/21/2003 13:45:13
>Synopsis: dmalloc update to 5.2.0
>Arrival-Date: Sat Jun 21 11:46:01 UTC 2003
>Originator: Marc Recht
>Release: NetBSD 1.6U
System: NetBSD leeloo.intern.geht.de 1.6U NetBSD 1.6U (LEELOO) #0: Fri Jun 20 13:28:03 CEST 2003 email@example.com:/usr/obj/sys/arch/i386/compile/LEELOO i386
update of devel/dmalloc to 5.2.0
* Renamed the "max memory space wasted" to "max unused memory space".
* Added PDF documentation files to the installation.
* Fixed a problem with the global Makefile and dmalloc_t. Thanks Bert.
* Added new logfile expansion of %u as getuid() output.
* Added new logfile expansion of %h as gethostname() output.
* Added new logfile expansion of %t as time() output.
* Added new logfile expansion of %p as getpid() output.
* Added new logfile expansion of %i as thread-id output.
* Removed the old logfile % processing. %d no longer expands to pid.
* Added LOG_PID to settings.dist to log pid on each line of logfile.
* Added LOG_REOPEN to reopen log if pid changes (fork). Thanks James.
* Renamed LOG_ITERATION_COUNT to LOG_ITERATION in settings.dist.
* Renamed STORE_SEEN_COUNT to LOG_PNT_SEEN_COUNT in settings.dist.
* Renamed STORE_ITERATION_COUNT to LOG_PNT_ITERATION in settings.dist.
* Renamed STORE_TIME to LOG_PNT_TIME in settings.dist.
* Renamed STORE_TIMEVAL to LOG_PNT_TIMEVAL in settings.dist.
* Renamed LOG_THREAD_ID to LOG_PNT_THREAD_ID in settings.dist.
* Improved the log_stats and log_changed output a bit.
* Fixed the FREED_POINTER_DELAY functionality.
* Removed PROTECT_BLOCKS from settings.dist because was unused.
* Added contrib/tsecs perl script which converts epoch secs to ctime.
* Removed the unused check-lists debug token.
* Fixed the realloc-copy and never-reuse functionality.
* Improved the stats output.
* Added many automatic tests to dmalloc_t.
* Expanded the arguments to dmalloc_examine to return more information.
* Found/fixed problem where last-used mark was not set right properly.
* Found/fixed bad problem where leaked memory was not being reported.
* Fixed some problems and improved code in the test utility dmalloc_t.
* Integrated an internal random number generator to stop recursion.
* Improved some of the configure script internals.
* Added support for a.exe and other cc output forms for Windoze.
* Updated configure.ac script.
* Added dmalloc_page_size() function.
* Improved the auto-testing in dmalloc_t.
* Found a [bad] problem with putting pointers back on the free list.
* Added some checking of pointers on the free list.
* Added the per-pointer checking for cleared free memory.
* Compressed the per-pointer admin structure by 8 bytes.
* Added -M --memory-limit argument to dmalloc to limit allocations.
* Deprecated log-blocks and heap-check-map debug tokens.
* Added a currently in use stats to log-stats.
* Removed a number of old error codes.
* Fixed some literal ranlib entries in the Makefile.in.
* Removed the USE_DMALLOC_LEAP functionality to simplify.
* Added a function to re-open the logfile when processing flags.
* Added section to docs about debugging daemon and CGI processes.
* Made some cosmetic improvements to the configure.in script.
* Due to public pressure, I've made free(0L) not an error by default.
* Added separate characters for blanking allocs (0xda) vs frees (0xdf).
* Removed short token support. Was anyone using this?
* Did some more work on testing and chunk.c changes.
* Added better autoconf checking of thread libraries for FreeBSD.
* Added dmalloc_debug_setup function to set dmalloc flags thru a call.
* Significantly changed how the library manages fence protected allocs.
* Renamed _dmalloc_logpath to dmalloc_logpath to match the docs and .h.
* Solved problem with dmalloc_t and no sbrk.
* Added INTERNAL_MEMORY_SPACE setting to the settings.dist file.
* Added the 'How It Works' section to the manual.
* Removed necessity of strcat.
* Removed use of strcpy internally.
* Fixed problem with use of start-count and start-file.