Subject: pkg/21245: net/nmap and net/nmapfe package outdated
To: None <email@example.com>
From: None <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 04/20/2003 15:25:38
>Synopsis: Nmap 3.25 has been released
>Arrival-Date: Sun Apr 20 15:26:00 UTC 2003
>Originator: Simon Hitzemann
>Release: NetBSD 1.6R
System: NetBSD mommel.csn.tu-chemnitz.de 1.6R NetBSD 1.6R (ROHAN) #34: Fri Apr 18 18:36:01 UTC 2003 email@example.com:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/ROHAN i386
Nmap 3.25 has been released. The following changes have been made:
- UDP-based "ping" scanning (-PU) has been added. Works like -PS and -PA
- "Assertion `pt->down_this_block > 0' failed" seems to be fixed now.
- GCC dependency reported by Ayamura Kikuchi has been fixed.
- "assertion failure" after --max_rtt_timeout < 3000 has been fixed.
- Packet receive times are now taken from libpcap which improves performance a bit.
- Fixed a bug that ignored RST responses while using -PS or -PA
- Ping scan performance improved when many instances of Nmap are executed concurrently.
- Fixed a problem that caused BSD Make to bail out (never noticed that on NetBSD).
- Fixed a divide by zero error when nonroot users requested ICMP pings. Now it prints a warning and uses TCP connect() ping.
- Nmap is now a bit more tolerant of corrupt nmap-services and nmap-protocols.
- Some portnumbers have been added.
- --packet_trace support for Windows added.
- Removed superfluous "addport" line in XML output.
- wintcpip.cc and tcpip.cc have been merged into tcpip.cc
- Fixed assertion failure crashes related to combining port 0 scans and OS scan.
- Compilation problems on systems without IPv6 support have been fixed.
- Applied patch from Jochen Erwied which fixes the format strings used for printing certain timestamps.
- Upgraded to autoconf 2.57
- Renamed configure.ac to configure.in
- Changed the wording of NmapFE Gnome entries to better-comply with Gnome's Human Interface Guidelines.
This is a short summary of the fixes. The complete list is at http://www.insecure.org/nmap/data/CHANGELOG
--- Makefile.orig 2003-04-20 15:04:19.000000000 +0000
@@ -2,5 +2,5 @@
CATEGORIES= net security
--- distinfo.orig 2003-04-20 15:23:26.000000000 +0000
@@ -1,7 +1,7 @@
$NetBSD: distinfo,v 1.7 2003/03/22 04:07:10 salo Exp $
-SHA1 (nmap-3.20.tgz) = 364146163dc512c0ea751134d2cdd78af4dcbf20
-Size (nmap-3.20.tgz) = 1082736 bytes
+SHA1 (nmap-3.25.tgz) = f3e26352d2df22aa6d6d822453fcf41a9a06024c
+Size (nmap-3.25.tgz) = 1085581 bytes
SHA1 (patch-aa) = 44dc9c98c8b032c7dc538ee89fcd42636f607f34
SHA1 (patch-ab) = 590271ab5edd85ec8304ae5ee2248c8249b42195
SHA1 (patch-ad) = 78b40e4840efc2c7d8b9ab94e0eedc4b47239304
--- Makefile.orig 2003-03-23 11:11:41.000000000 +0000
@@ -2,5 +2,5 @@