Subject: pkg/19743: New package graphics/libdvdcss
To: None <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: David Ferlier <email@example.com>
Date: 01/08/2003 08:05:09
>Synopsis: New package graphics/libdvdcss
>Arrival-Date: Wed Jan 08 08:06:00 PST 2003
>Originator: David Ferlier
NetBSD hell 1.6 NetBSD 1.6 (CATAPULT) #0: Sat Dec 14 20:38:30 CET 2002 root@hell:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/CATAPULT i386
libdvdcss is a simple library designed for accessing DVDs like a block device
without having to bother about the decryption. The important features are:
- Portability. Currently supported platforms are GNU/Linux, FreeBSD, BeOS
- The MacOS X version is being worked on as well.
- Simplicity. There are currently 7 functions in the API, and we intend to
keep this number low.
- Freedom. libdvdcss is released under the General Public License, ensuring
it will stay free, and used only for free software products.
- Just better. Unlike most similar projects, libdvdcss doesn't require the
region of your drive to be set.