Subject: misc/18272: xterm in termcap 1.70 has issues...
To: None <>
From: None <>
List: netbsd-bugs
Date: 09/12/2002 17:22:20
>Number:         18272
>Category:       misc
>Synopsis:       xterm in termcap 1.70 has issues...
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Priority:       medium
>Responsible:    misc-bug-people
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Thu Sep 12 00:23:00 PDT 2002
>Originator:     Luke Mewburn
>Release:        NetBSD 1.6
Luke Mewburn  <>
Luke Mewburn     <>
Wasabi Systems - NetBSD hackers for hire
NetBSD - the world's most portable UNIX-like operating system
System: NetBSD 1.6_BETA3 NetBSD 1.6_BETA3 (ARGO from GENERIC-$Revision: 1.491 $) #1: Fri Jun 28 08:52:16 EST 2002 i386
Architecture: i386
Machine: i386
	Recently I noticed that pressing 'F1' in mutt doesn't print up
	the manual any more; instead it prints some obscure error.

	I've tracked this down to the "xterm" termcap entry in
	termcap 1.70 (which is in netbsd-1-6).

	If I grab a copy of termcap 1.68 and set $TERMCAP to the path
	of that, or I set $TERM to something else (e.g, "vt220"),
	things work.

	Obviously then, something changed in rev 1.70 that caused this
	problem.  It's annoying, and I'm sure it affects more than
	just mutt.
	see above.

	Revert change, or hassle jdc to fix the entry in another way :)