Subject: pkg/6407: plotutils-2.1.5 pkg submission
To: None <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: None <email@example.com>
Date: 11/06/1998 23:46:28
>Synopsis: plotutils-2.1.5 pkg submission
>Responsible: gnats-admin (GNATS administrator)
>Arrival-Date: Fri Nov 6 20:50:00 1998
>Originator: Dan McMahill
>Release: 1.3 <NetBSD-current source date>
System: NetBSD dinah-moe 1.3 NetBSD 1.3 (DINAH-MOE) #0: Tue Jan 13 02:02:40 EST 1998 firstname.lastname@example.org:/zip/NetBSD/source/usr/src/sys/arch/mac68k/compile/DINAH-MOE mac68k
I would like to submit package source for GNU plotutils-2.1.5
I listed it under both graphics and devel (it has some graphic utility programs
and also a library for graphic programming).
The GNU plotutils package contains programs for plotting scientific data,
and a function library for drawing vector graphics and doing vector graphics
animations. The package includes:
* GNU graph, which does two-dimensional plotting in real time. It's designed
for command-line use, and can be used in shell scripts. It produces output
on an X Window System display, in Illustrator format, in Postscript format,
in PCL 5 format, in HP-GL/2 format, in Fig format (editable with the xfig
drawing editor), in Tektronix format, or in GNU Metafile format. Output in
Postscript format may be edited with the idraw drawing editor.
* GNU plot, which translates GNU Metafile format to any of the other formats.
* GNU tek2plot, for translating legacy Tektronix data to any of the above
* GNU plotfont, for displaying character maps of the fonts that are available
in the above formats.
* GNU spline, which does spline interpolation of data.
* GNU ode, which numerically integrates a system consisting of one or more
ordinary differential equations.
The programs graph, plot, tek2plot, and plotfont are based on GNU libplot, a C
function library for device-independent two-dimensional vector graphics. GNU
libplot is compatible with the traditional Unix libplot library, but is much
more powerful. It is installed as part of the package.
The pkg source is at
add to the packages collection