Subject: gcc Bug with NetBSD1.3.2 ??
To: None <>
From: None <crashcore@hell>
List: netbsd-bugs
Date: 10/13/1998 00:13:05
I think I've found a bug in gcc that ships with my version of
NetBSD1.3.2. I've tried it under i386 and Amiga with the same result, but now to
the problem. Look at following code:
#include <iostream.h>
#include <string.h>

class Bug {
        char* name;
        Bug(char* n)
            name = new char(strlen(n)+1);
        char* get() { return name;}
int main()
    char* csz = "Hallo";
    Bug a(csz);
    cout << a.get() << endl;
    Bug b(csz);
    cout << a.get() << endl;
    cout << b.get() << endl;

And now what happens:
Whenever I create a new bug-object, the name-field of the older object gets
destroyed! In above code this means that the first cout works but the second
(the cout directly after the creation of object b prints not "Hello" but "HellX"
(X stands here for a not printable sign that is shown)
Does someone else have had the same problem:
Please give me an answer (I've tried to get an answer 2 Months ago but didn't
heard anything)
Please write directly to my email-address below! ( I'm not on the list)

Jochen Schmidt