Subject: NetBSD 4.0 Release Candidate 3 available for download
To: None <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Pavel Cahyna <pavel@NetBSD.org>
Date: 10/19/2007 06:51:42
on behalf of the NetBSD Release Engineering team, I am happy to
announce the availability of NetBSD 4.0 Release Candidate 3.
Binaries and ISOs are available from
The list of changes from the 3.0 release is available in the release
notes, online at
This release candidate has several bug fixes and other changes since the
previous release candidate - RC2.
The most important ones are:
- build of the 32-bit sparc64 kernel is fixed, allowing the sparc release
to be built.
- many fixes to nfe(4) and bge(4) drivers.
- fixed PR 37037 - kernel memory corruption due to ipnat.
- support for the HP ML110 G2 / Adaptec 2610SA SATA RAID added to aac(4).
- fix of an off-by-one error in openssl.
- avoid kernel crashes in signal handling (PR 37004) and linux
emulation (PR 36920).
- fix ACPI related interrupt storms due to differences between IOAPIC
and classic interrupt routing. Should correct a regression introduced in
RC2 on some machines.
The complete description is found in the CHANGES-4.0 file in the release
tree, online at ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-4.0_RC3/CHANGES-4.0
(Scroll down to the end of the file and see the entries between
the RC2 and RC3 ones.)
We have also provided several ISO images missing from previous release
candidates. There are now ISO images for acorn32, hpcmips and the three
multi-arch ISO images. The ISO image for macppc should now be bootable.
If you want to build NetBSD 4.0_RC3 from source, cvs up your source
tree to "netbsd-4-0-RC3", or just along the "netbsd-4" branch.
Alternatively, you can download the source sets from the URL above,
under the source/ directory.
Please help us test this release candidate as much as possible
to make NetBSD 4.0 a solid release.
Thanks, the NetBSD Release Engineering team.