Subject: NetBSD 4.0 Release Candidate 1 available for download
To: None <>
From: Liam Foy <>
List: netbsd-announce
Date: 09/04/2007 10:35:37

On behalf of the NetBSD Release Engineering Team, it is my pleasure to
announce that the first release candidate for NetBSD 4.0 has been released.

Binaries and ISO's are available from:

Please view the following link for a complete list of changes/features:

If you want to build NetBSD 4.0_RC1 from source, cvs up your source
tree to "netbsd-4-0-RC1", or just along the "netbsd-4" branch.
Alternatively, you can download the source sets from the URL above,
under the source/ directory.

We expect to release a second release candidate in about two weeks.
Please help us test these release candidates as much as possible,
to make sure NetBSD 4.0 will be a solid release.

Liam J. Foy <- BSD News