Subject: NetBSD Fundraising Campaign 2007
To: None <netbsd-announce@NetBSD.org>
From: Mindaugas Rasiukevicius <rmind@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-announce
Date: 08/14/2007 19:34:00
NetBSD Fundraising Campaign 2007

The NetBSD Foundation would like to announce its 2007 fundraising
campaign.  Thanks to donations from earlier this year, we were able to
fund a developer to work on NetBSD and we would like to extend that
opportunity.  We are aiming to raise $50,000 US by the end of the year.
Every donation, both major and minor, is welcome and will be put to good
use!

We will spend the money with a focus on improving NetBSD's SMP, real-time
computing and embedded capabilities.  This task requires a lot of work to
be done by the NetBSD developers, as well as the provision of the most
modern hardware.  Thus the main goals are:

    * provide necessary hardware for developers.
    * continue funding developers to work on improving NetBSD.
    * sponsoring developers to work on BSD-related events.
    * focused development, with specific developers funded
      to work on their areas of expertise.
    * offer bounties for long standing, hard to solve problems.

We are inviting the NetBSD community and organizations using NetBSD to
help us in achieving these goals.  This fundraising campaign is an
excellent opportunity for everyone to contribute to the NetBSD project and
to help us improve NetBSD even more!

Please read our donations page for the status of the fundraising campaign
and for information on how to donate:
http://www.NetBSD.org/donations/

Thanks a lot for your support of the NetBSD project!