Subject: Schedule for NetBSD 3.1
To: None <netbsd-announce@NetBSD.org>
From: Geert Hendrickx <ghen@NetBSD.org>
List: netbsd-announce
Date: 08/17/2006 11:30:28
--lrZ03NoBR/3+SXJZ

Hi,=20

the NetBSD Release Engineering team is  planning to roll out the NetBSD 3.1
release in a few weeks.   Prior to the final release, we are planning a few
release candidates  for the community  to test.  Bugs that  are found  (and
fixed) in release candidates  will not be present in the final 3.1 release,
so your partiticipation in testing and reporting bugs  is much appreciated.=
 =20

We're  planning to  release a first release candidate  (NetBSD 3.1_RC1)  on
August 21, followed by a second release candidate (3.1_RC2) on September 4.
If no significant  problems arise,  we plan to release  NetBSD 3.1 final on
September 18, otherwise another release candidate will follow, delaying the
release another two weeks. =20

The branch leading to  the 3.1 release candidates  and the final release is
"netbsd-3",  so if you'd like to test snapshots on this branch, you can use
"cvs -q up -dP -r netbsd-3"  to update your source tree  along this branch.
Alternatively,  you can download binary snapshots  from our FTP repository:
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/netbsd-3/

Thanks a lot for your participation in making NetBSD 3.1 a good release! =
=20

	The NetBSD Release Engineering team

--lrZ03NoBR/3+SXJZ

--lrZ03NoBR/3+SXJZ--