Subject: NetBSD 3.0 Release Candidate 6 binaries available for download
To: None <>
From: Matthias Scheler <>
List: netbsd-announce
Date: 12/12/2005 21:16:26

on behalf of the NetBSD Release Engineering team, I'm happy to announce
the availability of NetBSD 3.0 RC6 for testing.=20

NetBSD 3.0 RC6 (including ISO images) is available in the "daily builds"
section of your local FTP mirror (in the /pub/NetBSD-daily/netbsd-3-0-RC6
directory on most mirrors), and we encourage you to test it out and report
any bugs using send-pr(1).

We expect that this will be the final release candidate for NetBSD 3.0,
barring any major issues or security problems.

Here is a brief summary of changes from NetBSD 3.0_RC5 to 3.0_RC6:

- fix problems with USB keyboards on newer amd64 and i386 sytems
- added support for Intel ICH7 and 6300ESB to auich(4)
- updated timezone data to "2005o"
- fixed shared library problem under NetBSD-hp700
- correct path of IPv6 utilities on installation medias
- various documentation corrections

	Kind regards

Version: GnuPG v1.4.2 (NetBSD)