Subject: Update on NetBSD 3.0 release candidates
To: None <>
From: Matthias Scheler <>
List: netbsd-announce
Date: 11/29/2005 12:08:33

on behalf of NetBSD's release engineering team I would like to provide
you with an update on the status of the release process for NetBSD 3.0.
As some people have noticed we tagged three further release candidates
after NetBSD 3.0_RC1 which were never announced. The decision was made
because of problems with each of these release candidates:

	NetBSD 3.0_RC2: AMD64 build broken
	NetBSD 3.0_RC3: report about a security problem in kernfs
	NetBSD 3.0_RC4: package tools broken

The latest release candidate NetBSD 3.0_RC5 was tagged an hour ago.
Assuming we will not encounter problems with this release candidate
binaries should be available later this week. We will send out
an official announcement at that time.

If you want to update your systems to NetBSD 3.0_RC5 beforehand you
can checkout the sources via anonymous CVS using the "netbsd-3-0-RC5"
tag and build your own binaries.

	Kind regards

Version: GnuPG v1.4.2 (NetBSD)