Subject: NetBSD 2.1 Release Candidate 3 binaries available for download
To: None <netbsd-announce@netbsd.org>
From: Jeff Rizzo <riz@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-announce
Date: 09/07/2005 13:08:18
--17pEHd4RhPHOinZp

On behalf of the NetBSD Release Engineering team, I'm happy to announce
that the release process for NetBSD 2.1 has begun.  Those of you
paying close attention will notice that NetBSD 2.1 RC3 is available
in the "daily builds" section of your local FTP mirror (in the
/pub/NetBSD-daily/netbsd-2-1-RC3 directory on most mirrors), and we
encourage you to test it out and report any major bugs using
send-pr(1).  (For those interested in details, 2.1 RC1 and RC2 were
not announced publically because of build problems on some supported
platforms)=20

We expect to have RC4 available on FTP mirrors in about a week, and we
expect this to be the final release candidate - which means the final=20
release of 2.1 is approximately three weeks away if all goes well.
We appreciate your patience and support which we hope will make this
the best NetBSD release to date!

--17pEHd4RhPHOinZp

--17pEHd4RhPHOinZp--