Subject: NetBSD System Administration class, March 4-6, Phoenix, Arizona,
To: None <email@example.com>
From: None <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 01/06/2003 15:03:43
Puget Sound Technology, a provider of open source consulting services
and Binary Updates for NetBSD, is teaching a hands-on, three-day class
covering the fundamentals of NetBSD system administration.
NetBSD System Administration Training
March 4 - 6, 2003
Phoenix, Arizona area
US$1170.00 ($994.50 if ordered by February 1.)
This intensive boot camp training is designed to provide the IT
professional or beginning system administrator with the skills
required to install and maintain NetBSD. Students will perform a
series of hands-on exercises to install, administer, configure, and
secure NetBSD (and generic Linux and BSD).
* Complimentary NetBSD boxed CD set.
* Complimentary lunches included daily.
* Preview of "Getting Started with NetBSD" book.
* Small classes with one-on-one interaction.
* Hands-on training, one system per student.
* Certificate of course completion.
* interactive operating system installation (CDs provided)
* basic filesystem creation and maintenance
* system startup configurations (using rc.conf and rc.d)
* networking setup and troubleshooting
* user and group administration
* installing new software using packages (pkgsrc and pre-built)
* setting up a DNS caching and authoritative DNS server (using BIND)
* setting up basic packet filter and NAT (Network Address
* beginning email server configuration (using Postfix)
* Apache HTTPD webserver installation and configuration for virtual
domains. (Note: an Apache Web Server Administration class is being
taught after this course. Both classes can be registered for a
* Unix security concepts
* basic system "hardening" techniques
* customizing and building the kernel
* updating a NetBSD system
Seating is limited. For course availability, further details,
and to register, please contact Puget Sound Technology by phone
(+1-360-658-5676) or email.
More information is available via
Jeremy C. Reed
Puget Sound Technology
Training, technical support, and outsourcing
for BSD, Linux and open source
p.s. An additional class covering Apache Web Server Administration
will be held on March 7 in Phoenix. A 30% discount for the Apache
class is available when registering for both courses. More info
at http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/training/apache/ .