Subject: Summary of Changes to the NetBSD Packages Collection in May 2002
To: None <netbsd-announce@netbsd.org>
From: Alistair Crooks <agc@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-announce
Date: 07/22/2002 20:30:35
Summary of Changes to the NetBSD Packages Collection in May 2002

92 packages were added in May, whilst 2 were removed, which by my
estimates, mean that there were 2898 packages in the packages
collection at the end of May, there being 2808 at the end of April.

The main change is the addition of the kde3 packages, with many thanks
to Nick Hudson for his excellent work. Also notable are some the changes
that Amitai Schlair has made better to support Darwin.

Notable additions include:  upclient, acidlaunch, algae, a development
meta-package for Amanda, arts, cg, cilk, conserver, cxunzip, dbz-ttf,
diction, dlcompat for Darwin (thanks, Amitai), dvipdfm, efax-gtk,
elinks, emacs21-nox11, epic4-doc, euler, fam, ftpproxy, fxtv-capture,
GConf2, generator, gimp-print-cups, gnet, gri, htmldoc, http_load,
imapfilter, intltool, jini, joos, kde3 and related packages,
lambdamoo, lbreakout2, leim, libart2, libirman, lmme, lpairs, ltris,
mailsync, marbles, mencoder, mkfontalias, mkfontscale, molden,
mpegaudio, mpeg123-nas, mplayer-share (thanks, Bernd), nullmailer,
oggasm, oto, p11, p5-Font-TTF, projclock, qiv, rioutil, rootprobe,
some rox utilities, sather (thanks, Jason), solid-pop3d, spiralsynth,
sun-jdk14 and sun-jre14 (thanks, Jan), text2rtf, w3m-img, xchrono,
xmms-mad, xrick, yrolo, and zile.

Notable updates include:  adzap, analog, bind 8 and 9, bochs, bonobo
components, bwbasic, ccache, cdpack, chemtool, claraocr,
createbuildlink, disc-cover, ekg, esound, etach, etcupdate, fxtv,
gaim, galeon, gauche, gdk-pixbuf and gdk-pixbuf-gnome, geda utils,
gerbv, some gimp plugins and drivers, gkrellm, glib, glib2, gmplayer,
gnetlist, gnome-games, gnu-go, gnupg, gqmpeg, grpn, gschem, gsl,
gsymcheck, guppi, gwave, hdf, htmldoc, icecast, irssi, isearch, jam,
jwhois, lame, latex2html, lftp libdvdread, libgeda, libiconv,
libirman, libmcrypt, libtool for Darwin, libxml2, libxslt, lilypond,
links, lukemftpd, lynx, lyx, magicfilter, maildrop, mirror,
mkfontscale, mlterm, mozilla, mpg123, mplayer, mutt, nessus and
related packages, netatalk, nidentd, nsd, nxtvepg, ogle, openssh,
opera6, various perl utilities, pango, poppassd, port2pkg, postfix,
proj, pstoedit, pure-ftpd, pyxml, qpopper, qt3 and related packages,
rats, rsync, samba, silc client and server, skipstone, squirrelmail,
swi-prolog, sylpheed, tela, teTeX-share, tmda, trafshow, unison,
ups-nut and ups-nut-cgi, url2pkg, uvscan-dat, vfu, vizq, vm, w3m
(split into two packages - thanks, Kei-san), wmfire, xanalyser,
xlockmore, xmame, hdf5.

The joint Package of the Month award goes to xscreensaver (and the
related Cardiac Arrest of the Month award goes to Christos Zoulas, at
the Usenix BSD BOF when xscreensaver kicked in); and to projclock and
yrolo, which have helped me organise my desktop a huge amount.
projclock allows me to account for the time I spend over a number of
different projects, whilst yrolo is a rolodex clone which I find
useful.

Alistair G. Crooks
Thu Jul  4 14:53:09 BST 2002