Subject: Summary of Changes to the NetBSD Packages Collection in December 2001
To: None <netbsd-announce@netbsd.org>
From: Alistair Crooks <agc@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-announce
Date: 01/13/2002 20:50:51
Summary of Changes to the NetBSD Packages Collection in December 2001

[For a full list of changes, please see
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2002/01/09/0016.html - agc]

By my calculations, there were 2582 packages in the collection, up
from 2552 at the end of November.

Notable additions to the packages collection include:  aim,
basiliskII, cdb, cvsgraph, cvsps, dillo (a fine, small, fast browser,
albeit still in alpha state), everybuddy, evilwm, fdgw, make_album,
mirrordir, mlterm, mplayer, ogle, various perl 5 utilities, pscal,
rdb, rsynth, ruby-digest, uml, xfreecell, and xlife.

Notable updates to packages include:  abiword, ap-php4, asp3php,
aterm, audit-packages, bind8, bkpupsd, bochs, checkbot, cpuflags,
cups, cyrus-imapd, cyrus-sasl, ddclient, delegate, dillo, etcupdate,
exim, fetchmail, freetype2, fvwm2, gaim, galeon, gerbv, ghostscript,
gnucash, gpa, gqview, gtexinfo, gtk-gnutella, html2ps, imap-uw, ircII,
jhead, kdbg, kde2 (thanks, as ever, Nick), kermit, koffice, libflash,
libwmf, libxml2, lsof, lynx, mad, memtest, mew (only 1 update this
month?  :-)), mozilla, mplayer, namazu2, nano, nessus, ns-remote,
openldap, openslp, openssh, various perl5 utilities, pgpdump, php4 and
related packages (thanks, Johnny), pico, pine, pkgchk, pkgdiff,
pkglint (thanks to David and Thomas), popa3d, poptop, psiconv, racoon,
radiusd-cistron, ruby and related packages (thanks to taca), scanssh,
scilab, SDL, silc server and client, slrn, snort, sqlite, squid,
stunnel, surfraw, tcl and tk, timidity, uae, unlzx, uvscan, vim, vm,
windowmaker, wu-ftpd, wv, xlHtml, xpmroot, yacas, yatsvrs and yudit.

The Package of the Month award goes to...  well, this month, it was a
difficult decision, but the judges finally opted for mplayer, a fine
Software only MPEG-1/2/4 video decoder, nominated by Antti Kantee,
and Jim Wise.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all the pkgsrc developers
for their hard work throughout 2001, and for doing such a good job in
providing a fine third-party software collection.  I'd also like to
thank the people who submit new packages, and improvements for old
ones - we really appreciate your help.

On behalf of all the people involved with the NetBSD packages
collection, I'd like to wish you all the best for 2002.

Alistair Crooks
agc@netbsd.org
Wed Jan  9 07:56:19 GMT 2002