Subject: Summary of Changes to the NetBSD Packages Collection in November 2001
To: None <netbsd-announce@netbsd.org>
From: Alistair Crooks <agc@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-announce
Date: 12/14/2001 13:18:59
Summary of Changes to the NetBSD Packages Collection in November 2001

By my calculations, there were 2552 packages in the Packages
Collection on December 1st, up from 2513 last month.

Hubert added a new PKGREVISION definition, which allows much easier
specification of a package's revision within pkgsrc. We also speeded
up pkgsrc by using normal makefile target, rather than a .USE macro.

Notable additions to the Packages Collection include:  artist, birda
(thanks, Lennart), cbrowser, cgicc, docbook-xml, etcupdate, etherape,
fmirror, gnucap, guppi, hesiod, keylaunch, libxslt, newmail, various
perl5 utilities, phoon, various qmail tools, root-tail, setquota,
source-highlight, some unixodbc utilities, weex and yatsvrs.

Notable updates to packages in the Packages Collection include:  6to4,
abiword, adzap, analog, ap-perl, apache6, asapm, asp2php, bidwatcher,
bind9, communicator and navigator, cpuflags, db3, dlint,
ElectricFence, etcupdate, faces, fetchmail, galeon, gkrellm, gnumeric,
gqmpeg, gsl, gtk-gnutella, hugs, imp, java-db3, kapm, kde2, kermit,
keychain, koffice, libmcrypt, libole2, libxml2, mew, micq, mkttfdir,
mozilla, mtr, namazu2, nano, a lot of perl5 utilities, pcre, pgpdump,
pkgchk, pkgcvsupdate, pkglint, postfix, procmail, qt2 and qt2-libs,
sketch, snort, sqlite, stunnel, surfraw, uae, ups-nut, uvscan-dat,
vigor, vim (thanks, Martti), wu-ftpd, xbatt, xbattbar, xmame, yudit,
and zsh.

The Package of the Month award goes to cbrowser - it's a very handy
and useful frontend for cscope, and can do call graphs and syntax
highlighting, editing, etc.

If you use a package which isn't in the packages collection, or if you
would like to nominate a package as Package of the Month (it doesn't
have to be a new package), please drop me mail.

Thanks for using the packages collection, and enjoy the holiday season
of your choice.

Alistair G. Crooks
agc@netbsd.org
Wed Dec  5 07:19:15 GMT 2001