To: None <netbsd-announce@netbsd.org, freebsd-announce@freebsd.org,>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@wasabisystems.com>
List: netbsd-announce
Date: 08/21/2001 19:38:41
At the last Usenix BSD MegaBOF, I proposed a mailing lists be created
to announce changes to the BSD APIs. The notion was to have a list
where people would post messages about new APIs they were adding to
their flavor of BSD so that people from other BSDs would be aware of
the activity.

I've since created this mailing list, and a second list (probably a
lot more controversial) for (I hope calmly) discussing such APIs and
their design.

These lists are:

  bsd-api-announce@wasabisystems.com
  bsd-api-discuss@wasabisystems.com

Both lists are subscribable via majordomo. Both lists are
moderated. Attempts to use either list to flame will be ruthlessly
crushed by my delete key.

If you'd like to learn more about the charter of these lists, try:

echo "info bsd-api-announce" | mail -s "" majordomo@wasabisystems.com
echo "info bsd-api-discuss" | mail -s "" majordomo@wasabisystems.com

--
Perry E. Metzger		perry@wasabisystems.com