Subject: Summary of Changes to the NetBSD Packages Collection in June 2001
To: None <netbsd-announce@netbsd.org>
From: Alistair Crooks <agc@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-announce
Date: 08/14/2001 09:03:04
Summary of Changes to the NetBSD Packages Collection in June 2001

[Please refer to the article  on tech-pkg@netbsd.org for the full
text of this announcement - agc]

By my calculations, 61 packages were added in June 2001, giving a
total of 2246 packages on 1st July.  This isn't as good as the 100
packages added during May, but still a significant figure.  My thanks
to everyone who helped produce this figure.

I must also thank Johnny Lam, who has been adding buildlink features
to pkgsrc, so that your builds are much more exact - only libraries
which are intended are linked in - and known good versions of other
libraries are used in a consistent way.

Notable additions to the packages collection include:  amaterus,
apsfilter, audacity, avifile-devel, cfs, cvs2html, dhisd, elib, gcvs,
gpa, gsed, hevea, libxml2, lua, mutt-devel, napshare, nslint, oe2mbx,
various Perl 5 utilities, pconsole, various php extensions,
pilot-link-libs, pim6dd, pim6sd, poppassd, poppy, various ruby
packages, sablotron, semantic, snns, speedbar, StuffIt, txt2man,
vfstpd, xalarm, xmailwatcher, zebedee, and zsh4.

Notable updates to packages include:  amanda, analog, antiword,
ap-ssl, apache, audit-packages, awka, bind9-current, bmake, bozohttpd,
bzip2, cdpack, cdparanoia, cfengine, cpuflags, csound, ddd, emma,
fetchmail and fetchmailconf, fmsx, freetype2, gcc-ssp, getmail,
gkrellm, gone, icon, ion, isakmpd, lesstif, libnasl and nessus,
libtool, mew, mozilla, mrtg, openssh, various perl5 utilities, and
perl5 itself, pchar, pforth, pilot-link, pngcrush, popt, postfix,
procmail, python, qpopper, qt2 and related packages, ruby and related
packages, stalin, stunnel, sun-jdk13 and sun-jre13, suse_vmware,
swi-prolog, teapop, thttpd, vim, vm, w3m, xbattbar, xmms, xpkgwedge,
xscreensaver, and zsh.

This months Package of the Month award goes to pwm, nominated by
David Brownlee - it's a small but powerful window manager (300K
resident size on a Sparc), and worth investigating.

Alistair G. Crooks (agc@netbsd.org)
Sat Jul 21 23:42:18 BST 2001