Subject: Jeff Smith: new NetBSD/mips developer
To: None <netbsd-announce@netbsd.org>
From: Castor Fu <castor@geocast.com>
List: netbsd-announce
Date: 06/30/2000 08:38:03
I am pleased to announce that Jeff Smith <jeffs@netbsd.org> has been accepted
as a NetBSD developer.

Jeff Smith brings a wealth of experience with the MIPS architecture
gained on the development of a number of platforms at the company
formerly known as Silicon Graphics.  I am very fortunate to work
with Jeff now at Geocast, where we develop digital services for
the new broadcast infrastructures.  [ Quick plug:  An American
DTV station broadcasts about 20 Mb/s of data 24x7.  Imagine
redirecting a percentage towards a NetBSD server in your house
instead carrying additional reruns of _Gilligan's Island_.]

Jeff's expertise with the MIPS architecture and the caching issues
involved has already helped us get the NetBSD/cobalt port off the
ground.

He will continue enhancing the MIPS platforms by integrating changes
made at Geocast as we focus on performance, reliability, and
serviceability issues.

Please help me welcome Jeff Smith.

	-castor fu