Subject: BSDCon 2000 Call for Papers
To: None <freebsd-announce@FreeBSD.org>
From: Jim Mock <jim@luna.cdrom.com>
List: netbsd-announce
Date: 05/08/2000 14:24:20
I am pleased to announce the call for papers for BSDCon 2000, the 2nd
annual BSD Conference and Expo!  For more information on how to submit a
paper, where to submit it, deadlines, etc., see below.

There will be two sets of tutorials prior to the actual conference.
Here's what it looks like right now:

Tutorial 1 (Oct. 14-15):	TBA
Tutorial 2 (Oct. 16-17):	BSD Internals by Kirk McKusick

If you are interested in participating in the first tutorial (FreeBSD,
NetBSD, OpenBSD, BSD/OS), please contact us.  The deadline for tutorial
submissions is August 1, 2000.

During the conference, papers will be given by various BSD users,
developers, and companies.  If you would like to give a paper, you are
encouraged to do so!  You can either choose a topic of your own, or you
can choose from one of the following:

    o Desktop			o Commericial uses (hosting, etc.)
    o Raid			o Embedded systems
    o Device drivers		o Ports collection
    o Networking		o Porting to various architectures
    o Performance Tuning	o Threads
    o Kernel Architecture	o Programming
    o Security			o Interoperability (with other OS's)
    o Mass Installations	o System Administration
    o E-Commerce		o Internationalization

These are just some of the areas that we would like to see discussed,
although any topics relevant to BSD or the community in general are more
than welcome.

If you are interested in participating in the security tutorial, or
possibly giving a different tutorial, please contact
tutorials@bsdcon.com.

If you are interested in giving a paper, please contact me by email, or
by phone at 1-925-691-2800 x3814.

Thanks!

- jim

--