Subject: What a long, strange trip it's been...
To: None <netbsd-announce@netbsd.org>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-announce
Date: 11/18/1998 16:21:53
This has been a long, hard decision to make, but effective December 10th,
1998 (3 years after I was invited to join Core), I will resign my position
on the NetBSD Core Group and The NetBSD Foundation, Inc. Board of Directors.

Without going into too many details, I would like to list the reasons for
my resignation:

	(1) First and foremost, I feel as if I am no longer qualified to
	    serve the NetBSD Project as a manager.  My skills are much
	    more technically oriented, and my enthusiasm for management
	    activities has been dwindling fast for some time.  When I
	    first joined Core, I was fired up to make some positive
	    changes (some of which I was even able to make!), but I
	    don't have the same activist energy anymore.

	(2) I no longer want to invest the time required to be a NetBSD
	    Core Group member.  At the moment, I'm simply neglecting
	    my duties (and then dealing with the subsequent guilt).

	(3) I feel I need to make a gesture of good will to some others
	    involved with the project (you know who you are) whom I have
	    had some serious (and bitter) disagreements with in the
	    recent past.  I feel that this may be the only way to
	    demonstrate that good will.

I'd like to say that working on the NetBSD Core Group has taught me a great
many lessons about how the free software world works, and I have had a
chance to work closely with many of you on a number of projects.  I have
enjoyed my time on Core, but it's time for me to move on.

I'm by no means leaving the project.  I intend to continue contributing
quite actively in technical areas, and plan on keeping my spot as the
system administrator for cvs.netbsd.org.

Thanks everybody!

	-- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@netbsd.org>