Subject: Recent problems with {ftp,sup}.au.netbsd.org
To: None <netbsd-announce@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@NetBSD.ORG>
List: netbsd-announce
Date: 07/26/1998 11:17:58
Users of ftp.au.netbsd.org and sup.au.netbsd.org should be aware
that due to a failing disk drive, some files retrieved from the
site in recent times may have been truncated or corrupt.

I'm not sure exactly when this corruption occurred, but it may
have been up to three months ago.

I've replaced the errant disk (a 4GB Conner) with a 9GB Seagate,
which also has the benefit that I can start mirroring all
of the arch/ and packages/ subtree again.

If you have been using sup, it is advised that you remove the
`last' and `when' files relevant to collections off sup.au.netbsd.org,
and run sup again (so that all files get checked).

An anonymous rsync service may trialed in the near future, as a
parallel service to SUP. Stay tuned for more news...

Luke Mewburn, <lukem@netbsd.org>
Maintainer of {ftp,sup,www}.au.netbsd.org.