Subject: gpl-free ext2fs support available
To: None <netbsd-announce@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Manuel BOUYER <bouyer@antioche.ibp.fr>
List: netbsd-announce
Date: 04/23/1997 10:30:39
Hello

I've just uploaded a beta version of my gpl-free version of ext2fs
for NetBSD on
antioche.ibp.fr:/pub/NetBSD/unofficial/non-gpl-ext2fs
I can now use it to mount my partitions read/write without FS corruption.
This also include a fsck_ext2fs, fully compatible with NetBSD's fsck, so
that you can put ext2fs partitions in your fstab.

I'd like to have some feedback, as this is intendeed to be commited to
the tree soon. Especially, I would appreciate some test on machines other
than i386 (I know it compiles on sparc, but I don't have any sparc ext2fs
partition). It would be great if someone could tell me if it compiles
on alpha and powerpc.

I will be on vacation from May, 1 to May, 12, and I will not read my E-mail
daily in this period.

--
Manuel Bouyer, MASI, Universite Paris VI.
email: bouyer@masi.ibp.fr