Subject: NetBSD 1.1 Release has been delayed until Friday Nov. 24th
To: None <netbsd-announce@NetBSD.ORG>
From: J.T. Conklin <>
List: netbsd-announce
Date: 11/16/1995 09:47:36
This message is to inform NetBSD users that the NetBSD 1.1 release has
been delayed from November 17th to November 24th.

There are several reasons for the delay:

	* Aggressive 8 week release cycle.

	* loss of critical machines (sun-lamp, {ftp,sup}
	  during release cycle.

	* sup and cvs bugs which prevented source tree updates.

Late last month I thought that we would be able to overcome these
obstacles and get the release out on schedule.  But discussions among
NetBSD port-masters convinced me that the 1.1 release would be better
quality if I delayed the release one week.

Although the decision to delay the release was made a over a week ago
and it was my responsibility to inform NetBSD users of the delay, I
was unable to make the announcement until today due to some personal
miscalculations.  I apologize to all NetBSD users who had made plans
based on the original release date.

I also accept full responsibility for the delay in this release.
Hopefully I and all of the hard working people who make releases
happen have learned something from the process, so that the Spring
NetBSD 1.2 release will go out on schedule.

J.T. Conklin
The NetBSD Project