Subject: NetBSD 1.1 Release Plans
To: None <netbsd-announce@NetBSD.ORG>
From: J.T. Conklin <jtc@cygnus.com>
List: netbsd-announce
Date: 09/24/1995 10:59:03
This announcement has been a long time coming.

For the last few months, the NetBSD core group and the portmasters
have been busily working out the details of the NetBSD 1.1 release
and its schedule.  Those plans were completed last week, and I am
pleased to announce that we are planning on releasing NetBSD 1.1
on November 17th, 1995.

The release schedule has the creation of the release branch in about
three weeks, and one or two beta releases before the final release.

We need your help to make this the best NetBSD release yet.  Try to
update your sources frequently and make sure the build.  If you have
minor problems that you haven't submitted, use send-pr and get them to
us.  After the release branch has been created, we'll be limited in
the type of changes that can be made.

Thanks in advance for your help,

	--jtc

--
J.T. Conklin
NetBSD Core Group / NetBSD 1.1 Release Engineer