Subject: Package collection growing on ftp.NetBSD.ORG
To: None <netbsd-announce@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Kohl <jtk@NetBSD.ORG>
List: netbsd-announce
Date: 02/10/1995 22:40:51
I suppose I should officially announce this...

I'm maintaining a tree of precompiled binary packages (and in some
cases, sources) for NetBSD 1.0.

You can find them beneath ftp://ftp.NetBSD.ORG/pub/NetBSD/packages/

	tools		source & binaries for packaging tools, MD5 sum program
	src		pointers to sources that build (if unmodified), or
				patches & pointer to base distribution, or
				full source trees ready to compile
			binary packages for various architectures
			(separated into directories)

If you have something compiled that you'd like to contribute, package it
up and drop it in .  There are some
rudimentary hints on building packages in

==John Kohl