NetBSD-Advocacy archive

Re:OpenBSD and NetBSD machines at AsiaBSDCon 2017

Here is some more information regarding AsiaBSDCon 2017.

I prepared AsiaBSDCon 2017 Sticker and OMRON LUNA
Workstation(NetBSD/luna68k) to display at Japan NetBSD User group
booth.

AsiaBSDCon 2017 Sticker was painted by "おおつのけい"(OOTUNOKEI)
https://twitter.com/Valac_Kei

FreeBSD,NetBSD,OpenBSD,DragonFlyBSD,BSD Daemon, and KAME project(IPv6)
mascot painted on a picture.
https://twitter.com/nullnilaki/status/834391718321545216
https://twitter.com/nullnilaki/status/839844045664870401

AsiaBSDCon 2017(2016) Sticker was made imitating Ingress BIO card.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ingress_(video_game)

NetBSD/luna68k demonstration was very hard.
The reason why OMRON LUNA Workstation is very very slow and old machine.
However, My dream of display NetBSD/luna68k and OpenBSD/luna88k has come true.

M68k is ultimate successfully processor and M88k is ultimate
unsuccessfully processor.

OMRON LUNA-88K processor
https://twitter.com/nullnilaki/status/841290641455816704

LUNA has 68030 20Mhz CPU and MAX 16MB Memory(very very slow...).
https://wiki.netbsd.org/ports/luna68k/luna68k_info/#hardware

The 50Pin SCSI HDD is fragile.(broken five times...)
https://twitter.com/nullnilaki/status/840718820079685632
https://twitter.com/nullnilaki/status/839117324053467136

However, A lot of people helped me!

Tsutsui-san(@tsutsui/NetBSD) wrote LUNA's front panel LCD driver.
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes/2017/03/09/msg082727.html

Aoyama-san(@aoyama/OpenBSD) lent me LUNA's power supply unit.

Okuyama-san(@rin/NetBSD) advised me about pkgsrc on m68k architecture.

Soda-san(@soda/NetBSD) advised me about miscellaneous things.

@cvsync(twitter account) and @fadis_(twitter account) advised me about
PSG and MIDI.

@daemon1995(twitter account) advised me about 50Pin SCSI HDD.

@s_miyatani(twitter account) advised me about UniOS(LUNA's original
OS) ethernet driver.

Everyone, thank you so very much!

It’s my great pleasure that I could welcome lots of visitors!

OMRON LUNA & NetBSD/luna68k flyer at AsiaBSDCon JNUG booth.
https://github.com/nullnilaki/NetBSD-luna68k-flyer-at-AsiaBSDCon-2017/blob/master/NetBSD-luna68k-flyer.pdf

OMRON LUNA demo movie at AsiaBSDCon JNUG booth.
https://twitter.com/nullnilaki/status/841298912380047361

OMRON LUNA at AsiaBSDCon JNUG booth.
https://twitter.com/nullnilaki/status/841298169052901376

Console framebuffer animation demo by golang with NetBSD/earmv7hf /
RasPi2 at AsiaBSDCon JNUG booth.
By @oshimyja(twitter account)
https://twitter.com/nullnilaki/status/841297313431662592

Kansai *BSD User Group's collection of ARM Boards and  BSD Daemon
statue at AsiaBSDCon JNUG booth.
By @610t(twitter account)
https://twitter.com/nullnilaki/status/841296487342514177

X68030 and X68000 for RaspberryPi 2/3 Case at AsiaBSDCon JNUG booth.
By SAITOH-san(@msaitoh/NetBSD)
https://twitter.com/nullnilaki/status/841294832949633024

OMRON LUNA-88K2 demo movie at AsiaBSDCon JNUG booth.
https://twitter.com/nullnilaki/status/841293143861420032

OMRON LUNA-88K2 at AsiaBSDCon JNUG booth.
https://twitter.com/nullnilaki/status/841292450488496128

OMRON LUNA-88K2 & #OpenBSD/luna88k flyer at #AsiaBSDCon
http://www.nk-home.net/~aoyama/AsiaBSDCon/AsiaBSDCon2017-flyer.pdf