NetBSD-Advocacy archive

Re: Making a localized, educational live-usb version of Netbsd? Possible, and is worth it?

On Apr 3,  4:28pm, ottavio2006-usenet2012%yahoo.com@localhost (Ottavio Caruso)
wrote:
-- Subject: Re: Making a localized, educational live-usb version of Netbsd? P

| On 2 April 2014 13:04, Christos Zoulas <christos%astron.com@localhost> wrote:
| > In other news now you can use src/distrib/utils/embedded/mkimage to
| > create a usb image that contains an ffs filesystem that should be
| > bootable from any usb disk with ./mkimage -h amd64 -r sd
|
| Interesting. How would mkimage compare to /sysutils/mkmemstick/ ?

I don't know about mkmemstick. mkimage uses the tools in base to create
different kinds of memory images that can contain the various filesystems
makefs can create.

| What kind of installation would come out if it?

The default installation with or without x and debug sets depending on flags.

| I'd like to have something in ramdisk or /tmpfs rather that a full system.

I don't understand that. Meaning build the image in ramdisk?

christos