NetBSD-Advocacy archive

call for volunteers at the Southern California Linux Expo in February!

The Southern California Linux Expo is coming up, February 19 - 21,
2010, in Los Angeles.  This is a growing open-source expo, which
attracts thousands of attendees from all over;  while the name may
mention Linux, these folks are really enthusiastic about
open-source software in all it's many forms.

We've had a NetBSD booth at the expo for the last five years,
thanks to all sorts of generous volunteers.  I'm looking for some
more folks to step up and help out -- it's a really fun event if
you have a few people to staff the booth, but running a booth solo
is a nightmare.  I can get there with a banner and brochures and
random NetBSD hardware, but it sure would be great to have some
other folks who can talk up the project!

If you're willing to travel, but need a place to crash, I can
provide a couch.  If you'd like to make a presentation, the call
for papers closes December 15.  If you're curious about just how
crazy it is, and whether it's worth the trip, you could ask John
Klos and David Maxwell, who've stepped up in previous years.

Thanks!

Kevin
kml%patheticgeek.net@localhost