NetBSD-Advocacy archive

NetBSDfr booth at RBLL 2009

Hello,

Please find below a short report of RBLL 2009, Rencontres Bretonnes du Logiciel Libre (Britany Free Software Meeting), held in St-Brieuc on the 18th and 19th of April 2009.
NetBSDfr was holding a booth together with BSDFrance.

Here are the few major points:

- Most of the people coming to the booth have never heard about NetBSD, nor BSD. They do know Linux, and think it's the only alternative to Windows. - Interested people are impressed by the capabilities of the OS, but run away when they learn installer is text mode, or that immediate after boot configuration is done in command-line. - One recurring question is how does NetBSD compare to Linux (the same kind of questions we saw at Solutions Linux) (read Linux as Fedora or Ubuntu).

No idea yet if this will happen again next year or not. We'll see.

Guillaume Lasmayous, for NetBSDfr.