NetBSD-Advocacy archive

Re: BSDstats: May Statistics - 23 998 Hosts Reported In

Hi Marc, can you please post these individually to different lists
next time rather than one massive cross-post?

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 6:31 AM, Odhiambo Washington
<odhiambo%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> Anyway, I am surprised at how fast PC-BSD is picking up.
> I know that during installation, it prompts the installer to enable
> the submission of stats. Could this explain why there are more PC-BSD
> that there are FreeBSD?

Yes I should think that is pretty obvious. =)  I would expect that
Yahoo! alone has ~2 orders of magnitude more FreeBSD servers than what
is represented there.

These numbers have basically no correlation with the number of
installed instances of these operating systems.  Anyone interested in
this effort should submit patches to optionally install/enable this
functionality in the installer of the various operating systems

            - Murray