Subject: Re: Alright to Show NetBSD Screenshots on My Site?
To: Magnus Eriksson <magetoo@fastmail.fm>
From: Art Lemasters <develunix@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 11/12/2007 15:45:10
Magnus Eriksson wrote:
>    Nice.  I can't remember seeing the capability to run Windows in a Xen
> domain advertised much, and this (your site/introduction) is really
> something that is needed for NetBSD.

   Thank you! The encouragement helps much. I finally found a post by Manuel
Bouyer (who has done enormous amounts of good work) on how to get it
networking in order to find out how to do it and to download the free Visual
C++ Express version. The MS SDK download requires an online OS check. It
worked. ...will try to post more info before tomorrow (US Mountain Time).

>    And also for me; this "proof of concept" means I know what to expect.
> It's good to see that someone not directly involved in the project is able
> to get things up and running too.  :-)
>
>    So, thanks.

   You're welcome. I looked around the Net for information and did not
see enough information for users and application developers in any
one place. The plan is to go into detail, eventually--even some simple
math for doing disklabels.

>    Also the prominent use of the screenshot works well.  I see that you use
> black/flux/*-box with the "hideous" theme though.  :-)

   ...which hideous theme--the dark Fluxbox theme or the Windows Teletubbies
background?  :-)  I wanted to emphasize contrast (and maybe a little humor)
between OSs in the first screenshot. Subsequent ones will be a bit prettier.

Art