Subject: Re: NetBSD WWW Wrapper
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.org>
From: Peter Bex <Peter.Bex@xs4all.nl>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 04/22/2007 15:39:02
--oJ71EGRlYNjSvfq7

On Fri, Apr 20, 2007 at 01:22:52PM -0700, Jason Thorpe wrote:
> Perhaps our WWW server should return crappy pages for crappy =20
> (including all text-only) browsers and decent pages for decent browsers.

The proper way to do this is to make the markup semantically correct.
Ie, no tables for layout.  CSS is there for styling, the HTML should
just contain the _information_ you want to present.

That is, the platforms menu should be an ordered list (<ol> element) because
it is, in fact, an ordered list.  Source order is mostly irrelevant since
you can use CSS to position it where you want in a graphical browser.
The text-only browsers will ignore the CSS and present it in the order the
elements appear in the source.

Regards,
Peter
--=20