Subject: Re: the sorry state of open source
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 04/17/2007 11:11:04
--RASg3xLB4tUQ4RcS

Stefan 'Kaishakunin' Schumacher <stefan@net-tex.de> wrote:
> Also sprach Hubert Feyrer (hubert@feyrer.de)
> > On Mon, 16 Apr 2007, Jan Schaumann wrote:
> > >http://beranger.org/feature/sorryfeature.php
> > >
> > >It'd be nice if somebody took the time to contact the author a about
> > >NetBSD.  He doesn't seme to know that (a) NetBSD is not dead and
=20
> He never claimed that NetBSD is dead. He cited C. Hannum and stated that
> he cannot "make any judgments on that one".

That is correct, but he makes the citation for a reason.  It's a way of
arguing that NetBSD is (at the very least) less than thriving without
having to step up and say it yourself.

I was suggesting that somebody point out to him the circumstances of
Charles's comments.

-Jan

--=20
Life," said Marvin, "don't talk to me about life."

--RASg3xLB4tUQ4RcS

--RASg3xLB4tUQ4RcS--