Subject: Re: Site Redesign
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane?= Witzmann <stephane.witzmann@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 12/29/2005 00:48:04
Kevin O'Toole wrote:

> I think NetBSD needs a site redesign. Here is something I worked on a
> couple of months ago.
>
> http://kevogod.c14n.org/netbsd/
>
> If anyone is interested, you can contact me at kevogod@charter.net.

I like the look, but:
- your left menu lacks a link to the home page (or it is hard to find)
- since the menu is on the top, a link to the top would be useful at the end
of every (long) web page. I would also like a link to the home and/or
parent pages (like "NetBSD documentation top level" in the current site) at
the bottom.
- it lacks a little consistency. I mean, some (internal) links preserve the
left menu, some others (external) don't. Just a little surprising for the
first time visitor, but no big deal.
- http://kevogod.c14n.org/netbsd/ports/: the heads of the tables look ugly
with Konqueror (3.4.2), I can't even read the titles.

Stéphane Witzmann