Subject: Re: Site Redesign
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.org>
From: Rubin <rubin@xs4all.nl>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 12/28/2005 22:57:49
D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:

>On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 12:28:30 -0600
>"Kevin O'Toole" <kevogod@charter.net> wrote:
>

>>I think NetBSD needs a site redesign. Here is something I worked on a
>>couple of months ago.
>>
>>http://kevogod.c14n.org/netbsd/
>>
>>If anyone is interested, you can contact me at kevogod@charter.net.
>>

>I'm a content over design kind of guy and so have no real opinion on
>your proposed changes as far as look goes.  I do, however, dislike the
>split of "Major platforms" and "Other platforms" as if there was some
>sort of second class distinction between different platforms.  Why did
>you split them up that way?

I kind of agree; I like the design, however, it adds nothing new and
doesn't add a better/clearer oversight of the information.

Did you btw make a destinction between major and other platforms to
illustrate the fact that some ports are better maintained than others?
Although this is true, it should imho not be divided like this;
obscurist platforms have rights too ;-).

Greets,

Rubin.