Subject: Re: Website design proposal
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.org>
From: Vincent <netbsd@crel.us>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 10/14/2005 23:40:26
On Fri, Oct 14, 2005 at 05:21:50PM -0400, Matthew Orgass wrote:
> On 2005-10-14 jacek@gdansk.int.pl wrote:
>
>   My largest complaint is that there is no mention on the front or
> documentation pages of the prominance of the mailing lists

I'm not sure what you mean by this.

> I would then remove the sentance starting "It's clean design" and link
> "portable" in the first sentance to the features page and after that
> word add "and interoperable" with a link to the interoperability page.

I think the current wording is effective.  Stressing clean design and
portability are some of the things that originally attracted us to
NetBSD.

> The "features"  and "interoperability" pages should be combined or
> cross linked.  Saying "no hype" on the features page insults the
> reader's intelligence, particularly in the current context.
>
> Matthew Orgass
> darkstar@city-net.com

IMHO the "no hype" comments are good for giving people a little more
insight on the attitudes and philosophy of people behind the project.
That was also appealing to us after our experiences with other OS
projects.

--
Avoid the VeriSign/Network Solutions domain registration trap!
Read how Network Solutions (NSI) was involved in stealing our domain name.