Subject: Re: Website design proposal
To: Mark Thomas <thomas.s.mark@gmail.com>
From: Courtney R. Spencer <cspencer@mindspring.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 10/14/2005 13:08:19
On Fri Oct 14, 2005 at 12:42:14PM -0400, Mark Thomas wrote:
> On 10/14/05, Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@xtrmntr.org> wrote:
> > keep in mind that the priority for the NetBSD Project website is
> > accessibility, not eye candy.  how does your web site look in lynx,
> > links, dillo or other browsers which don't support css or even graphics?
>
> < flame_thrower = OFF >I would like to see the numbers (web stats) for
> those ^ browsers that hit www.netbsd.org.
>
> I'm not a big fan of "eye candy" either but there is something to be
> said for professional looking web sites. IMHO they do attract more
> people.

While at work at my desk and at home, I use Firefox or Safari.  There
are times when I am away and use the Blazer browser on a palm, or I
can be in a data center and have to use links or lynx.

Its those single, impromptu visits when I use text browsers that are
more important to me to be able to navigate for information.

--
Courtney R. Spencer